The divorce has become one of the signs of modern life and an important legal institution of family law, helping to prevent prolonged tension and conflict in families. American researchers have found that the critical periods in family life are the 1st, 7th, 17th and 27th years – these are the “peaks of divorce.”
Divorces sometimes happen, but life goes on, so the spouses need to make some legal actions. First of all, they should submit a joint plea to the registry office and receive a certificate of divorce. In the future, the proper translation of this document will allow not to return to the unpleasant past.
Why You Need a Translation of a Divorce Certificate
Even though the translation services of this document are very popular, many still do not understand why it is necessary. The divorce certificate is a document that officially confirms the termination of a marriage between an ex-husband and ex-wife. You need to translate divorce decrees:
- When applying for a Visa;
- When applying for a residence permit or citizenship of another state;
- When registering a new marriage abroad;
- To confirm the premarital surname if you want it back.
If you have a divorce status in your home country, this fact is displayed when applying for ID, obtaining a residence permit, etc. Any document that applies to you must have a notarized translation if you are somehow connected with another country. A certificate of divorce is not an exception in this regard.
A notarized translation of a divorce certificate is required if one of the former spouses is a citizen of another state. To confirm the fact of a divorce in a particular country, a translation of the certificate into the state language is required. Therefore, translations can be carried out in both languages.
Sensitive Translation Details
There are two main nuances that determine the legal force of a document translation:
- The translation of the divorce decree must be done in accordance with the established rules. The document must have a certain filling form, and the translator completes the translation in accordance with the current transliteration rules. Pay attention to the fact that even inscriptions on seals and symbols that may be on the document are translated.
- The translation should be confirmed by a notary. It gives the document legal force. Sometimes, the translation requires an apostille. Apostille is a seal that confirms the legality of a notarial signature. The need for apostille certification must be specified in the rules of the institution that requires a translation.
If you need a translation of the certificate of divorce or other documents, ask for the assistance of professional translators. Quick deadlines and reasonable prices should be your reference point. Good luck!
Today, more and more people fall in love with their soulmates across borders. It is natural that some relations approach marriage, which is a bit complicated task if to do it with a foreigner. Special attention should be paid to this process, both before and after the registration. If you have the prospect to marry a foreigner, a number of questions may immediately arise:
- Where to register relations with a person from another state?
- What documents must be submitted to fulfill the law?
- Why do I need to make a marriage certificate translation?
Well, the list of questions could be unlimited, so we will mostly focus on the main aspects you should know.
Types of Unions
Various states sometimes have legislative differences in the regulation of marriage. In some states, the union is officially concluded at the responsible office and evidenced by the certificate. In general, persons can be married in the following ways:
- In a church (proved by a certificate).
- In the consulate (proved by a document). The ceremony in the consulate is official and available for international couples.
- To be in a civil partnership. Some states recognize this form of relationship, which is equal to marriage.
- To be in the same-sex marriage. The types, legal power, and rights of the couple vary from state to state. Same-sex unions were officially legalized by 28 states (Portugal, Finland, Germany, Spain, etc.).
The Ways of Marriage Legalization at Home
The registration concluded abroad has to be legalized in the state of residence. After getting married in the states of the Hague Convention (1961), the legalization of docs is simple. To do this, you will need:
- to make an apostille in the institution that confirmed the marriage;
- to contact the responsible body in your state to legalize marriage;
- to provide a list of docs, including the marriage certificate and its notarized translation.
How the Translation Should Look Like
It is clear that the doc is translated in accordance with established requirements. Even the smallest mistake can make the entire document invalid. Therefore, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with those key points that should be fulfilled:
- The person who makes the translation must follow the structure of the original document.
- The text should correspond to the established linguistic rules of translation and transliteration.
- In addition to the main text of the document, all the inscriptions and even seals require translation.
- The names of the registration offices, cities, countries, and regions should be attentively interpreted.
- The series and number of the certificate are not translated.
It is clear that you should use the services of only those companies that have permission for the relevant type of activity. Otherwise, the translation of the document will not have any legal power.
So, we tried to reveal common issues that inevitably arise when getting married abroad. Please, contact us if you have any questions left.